Travel Claim Procedures

Copies of most forms can be found in the hub administration office. Further information can be found here:

Travel Insurance

The University will provide travel insurance for staff and students travel abroad. It is your responsibility to arrange your University travel insurance for every individual trip you make.

Please note that for all trips where you are applying for the University's travel insurance, you need to complete a Risk Assessment form.

Note for Students:
You ONLY need to seek approval from the Board of Graduate Studies if the trip is longer than 21 days. Otherwise, approval from the supervisor will suffice and the student should "tick" the box confirming that approval has been given by Board of Graduate Studies.

Both staff and students should register trips on-line here:

Resources for CERN users

CERN contract extension

When extending your CERN contract, the usual process is to complete the form on the CERN EDH system. You will be asked also to complete the CERN Home Institute Declaration. Print this form and take it to the Rutherford Hub. It will be stamped and forwarded to Val Gibson for signature and then returned to you.

Accomodation at Fermilab